Join us on the Saturday 25th of June to visit all of this year's winners from this year's Pews and Perches competition at the Royal Docks. Meet the designers and hear a bit more about the winning designs.
We will spend the afternoon walking around the beautiful Royal Docks to each bench, hearing from each designer on their concepts and fabrication processes. Feel free to bring a sandwich or two for the walk, everyone is welcome to join either for the whole walk or for your favourite bench.
1. 2pm (Royal Victoria Floating Gardens) What-A Water Waste! by Leroy Yuen and Gemma Louisa Holdaway with support from ReCyrcle, Grymsdyke Farm and Absence from Island.
2. 2.30pm (Connaught Crossing South Side) GAM By Fiona Hartley and James Parkes, with thanks to Made CNC
3. 3pm (Thames Barrier Park) The Turning Tide by Mvuu, with support from Odace Engineering and ZedWorks
4. 3.45pm (Royal Victoria Garden) Sail-Phone by Lo² (Alcina and Benjamin Lo) with thanks to Adam Bodnar
5. 4.15pm (London Design and Engineering UTC) - A Cautionary Bench/Mark by Andre Kong Studio, with support from Andrew Tan, Daniel Meier and the learners at UTC