Founded in or around 1080 as the London headquarters of the archbishops of Canterbury, the medieval church of St Mary-le-Bow survived three devastating collapses before being completely destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666. Rebuilt by Sir Christopher Wren, it was destroyed once more in 1941 but was again rebuilt and re-consecrated in 1964.
Join us for a tour around St Mary Le Bow with The Revd George Bush to hear about our parish, history and conservation plans. We have our usual display which is of architectural and other interest; including plans, engravings and images of Wren’s 17th-century church and tower and the 11th-century crypt.
For queries regarding access requirements for this event please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org