A day of presentations, workshops, talks and debate about youth centred neighbourhood activism to support and enlighten young people's involvement in, and engagement with, their local built environments.
Themes to be covered during the day include:
• What is effective neighbourhood activism
• How to be an effective activist
• Building networks & securing influence - access to networks/allies
• Showcase of successful neighbourhood activism campaigns from pressure groups and campaigners
• Community Ownership – taking control, harnessing support & influencing stakeholders
The day will particularly appeal to organisations currently working with young people and residents (16-24 years old) looking to engage and contribute to the development of Hackney Wick and Fish Island.
The day will also appeal to activists, academic/research, local not-for-profit & commercial interest groups, active supporters, and new residents.
Throughout the day there will be talks, panel discussions, interactive workshops – all designed to inspire thought and debate.
Image: Creative Wick
4 Schwartz Wharf
92 White Post Lane
Next to the White Post Cafe, access via 92 White Post Lane
For queries regarding access requirements for this event please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org